- About 12 potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 medium onions, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup flour (or matzo meal)
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- Salt to taste
Firmly ring out shredded potatoes by placing in a dish towel and twist until potatoes are very dry
Mix all ingredients together.
Heat a pan with oil and scoop in a generous portion of the latke mix.
Fry until crisp on both sides.
Rest hot latkes on paper towels to drain extra grease.