When I plan my summer barbecues, I make a list to make sure I have all my savory BBQ meats. Just as important are the ingredients needed to make refreshing cocktails—drinks that’ll make your guests...
- ½ cup red serrano chilies, chopped
- 1 red habanero chili, seeds removed, chopped
- ½ cup red cherry peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 head garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, skinned and rough chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- Juice and zest of 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Bone-in, Skin on chicken pieces of your choice
Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse into a smooth liquid.
Simmer the mixture over medium heat in a saucepan for 20 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
Pour into Mason jars/storage container to let cool. Keeps in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
Slather bone-in skin-on chicken pieces with Peri Peri Sauce and let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. (The longer you marinate, the spicier the chicken will be!)
Bake at 350 degrees for 30–35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Finish under the broiler or on the grill, until the skin is a crispy golden brown.