- ½ of a batch of the One Dough Wonder recipe, proofed
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 orange, the zest
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 orange, juice
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
On a well-floured surface, roll the proofed dough into a thin rectangle, approximately 20 inches by 16 inches. Allow it sit, as it may bounce back slightly. In a bowl, mix orange zest, melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
Spread a thin layer over the top of the roll out dough, leaving a ¼ inch border. Sprinkle with finely chopped pecans.
Starting on the longest edge, roll the dough into a long log (should be about 20 inches long).
Slice the log into 2-inch rolls and arrange them cut side up in a deep baking dish.
Cover the pan with a towel and allow the buns to rise until they all touch and are puffed almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Uncover and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, rotating halfway through baking.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 20 minutes, or until slightly warm.
Make your glaze by combining melted butter, orange juice, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar.
Once the rolls have cooled, remove from the pan and drizzle with the glaze.
Top with roughly chopped pecans.