This South African condiment is made with bird’s eye chilies, which lend a fiery bite to grilled chicken on the streets of Cape Town. While other chili varieties can be used, many say that the bird...
- 6 ears of corn, grilled and shaved off the cob
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella pearls
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Shuck corn, roast over a low open-flame burner or on the grill until lightly charred, about 10–12 minutes. Once corn is cool, slice off the cob.
In a large bowl, mix together vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
Add in corn, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
Toss until coated; adjust seasonings as needed.