This South African condiment is made with bird’s eye chilies, which lend a fiery bite to grilled chicken on the streets of Cape Town. While other chili varieties can be used, many say that the bird...
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- About 3 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 small head red cabbage, julienned
- 2 broccoli stems, peeled and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely shredded
In a large mixing bowl add mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add in cut veggies and toss until all is well coated.
Allow to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
*For a healthier alternative, swap out half the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt.